Are you holding onto your kids’ little socks with no plans for them? Or do you have lots of single socks with nothing to do with them?
This simple no-sew craft is a great activity for the whole family to do together. You can each make your own bunny and little ones can help with the rice.
You can make these for Easter and/or spring decor or just because! They are a fun year round craft.
Related DIY Crafts:
How To Make A No Sew Sock Bunny Family (Using Single Socks)
Socks (Various sizes to make baby, kid, adult bunnies)
Rice or stuffing
Hair Ties or Rubber Bands
Thin Sharpie Marker
1. Start by filling each of the socks with rice. The size of the sock will determine how much rice you need. You want to fill up the toes and heel. The sock should be able to stand up on its own.
2. Stretch out the sock and tie your hair tie or rubber band around the sock to form an elongated ball shape. Tie another hair tie about ⅔ up the rice filled portion, shape the bottom portion to be your bunny’s body and round out the top portion to be its head.
3. Next trim the sock to desired length for the ears. If you want droopy ears, you may not need to cut (like mine), but if you want ears that stand up more, cut the sock shorter (horizontally).
4. Next cut the sock down the middle to make the ears and then trim to the shape you want.
5. Use your marker to make a face. I chose dots for the eyes, a triangle for the nose and 2 curved lines for the mouth. You can add whiskers if you like too!
6. Add ribbon. You can use ribbon to cover your elastics or if you use hair ties that match the sock you can leave them without ribbons.
You can make these bunnies your own in a few ways with a glue gun:
- Add googly eyes
- Add a cotton ball tail
- Add a small pink pom pom for a nose
What should I do with my sock bunny?
You can use them for decor at Easter or just because. They would make great centrepices for an Easter dinner. You can also give them to grandparents or close relatives, especially if using your children’s small socks. They are wonderful little keepsakes.
Related DIY Crafts: