When I had a daughter I was told how awful the teenage years can be. Although there are definite challenges to having a teen I’ve found it to be a fun age so far. There are also a lot of fun things to do with your teenage daughter. I think the more fin you have with your teenage daughter the stronger and better your relationship will be. So if you want to improve your relationship check out these fun things to do with your teenage daughter. Then give some of them a try and see how it goes.
As parents, we have to be the person in charge and make sure our teens do the not-so-fun but responsible things in life. That can make us not seem so great in their eyes. So I have found it important to balance the responsibilities of raising a teen with finding fun things to do with your teen daughter.
What fun things can I do with my teenage daughter?
If you’re a mom and your teen daughter is driving you crazy, we’ve got the perfect solution. There are plenty of fun things to do with your teen daughter, as long as they’re not too hard for her (her opinion). Check out these ideas that’ll keep both of you happy!
There are countless ideas of fun things you can do with your teen daughter. I have tried to include a fun list of things that are free and inexpensive. That way you can enjoy time together without spending a fortune.
It’s important to me to look for budget-friendly ideas and to share them so that you are able to live your best life without stressing about money too much.
1 Run errands together
2 Take a class together (Try something new to both of you and experience it together) Looking for ideas of what kind of class to take here are a few suggestions
-learn a language
3 Volunteer together
4Take a road trip (Pick somewhere not too far and head out on the road together I’ve found the car to be a great place to have good conversations without as many distractions)
5 attend a concert (This is something my daughter wants to do together and hopefully we will get the chance to do it together in the future)
6 Go Shopping together (kind of a typical thing to do with your teen daughter but can still be a great experience and a lot of fun. Check out thrift stores for great deals and finds if your budget is a little tight)
7 Head to the Movies together (check your local theater for days where tickets are cheaper, you can get some good discounts this way.)
8 Go get your nails done together. Getting a mani or Pedi is a great way to spend time together and show your daughter the importance of spending time on self care.
9 Head to a museum for some fun that also includes learning and expanding your minds. It’s good to vary up your bonding activities with your teen.
10 Go mini-golfing. This is something we do as a family often and it would be a great mother daughter activity. A little bit of fun and some friendly competition to see who is the better mini golfer. This is my daughter when we did this over the summer.
How can I bond with my teenage daughter?
It’s great that you want to bond with your teen daughter. It is so important to work on relationships and make the effort to strengthen them if you want them to flourish.
Going on outings together or spending time together is a great opportunity to strengthen your bond with your daughter. There are a lot of benefits to making this a regular occurrence in your family.
I’m a mom, and I don’t know my teenage daughter. She’s on social media all the time, she is secretive about her life at school with friends and she never wants to talk about anything that goes on in our house. It’s like we’re living in two different worlds. I’ve tried talking to her but it doesn’t seem to work so well because of our age difference.
But here are some things you can do as a mom to try and bond with your teenage daughter: Give them space if they ask for it, sometimes they need privacy or just want their own room -Get involved in what interests them; this may be playing video games or watching TV Be open-minded when it comes to their interests and what’s important to them.
Mother and daughter activities and outings give you the ability to:
- increase trust
- have an open conversation
- ask each other questions
- listen to her
- share thoughts and ideas
- make memories you will treasure
Some ways to improve your Mother/Daughter Time
remember, you can always group together some of these mother-daughter date ideas and make it an all-day event.
If you have more than one daughter you can definitely take all of your girls together on one date.
However, try to schedule some one-on-one mother daughter dates for each of them for a more personal experience.
Consider planning a surprise outing or activity.
Pick her up early from school and surprise her with her planned date! She will LOVE that.
Fun ideas to do with your teen daughter at home
- Cook Together This is a great way to teach your daughter something new and to make something together that you can enjoy as a family.
2. Watch a movie from your teenage days (My daughter and I just watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and it was so fun to watch it with her.)
3. Exercise together ( Take a walk or a hike together, do some yoga, go swimming. Just be active and exercise with her. )
4. Have a Home Spa day (here are some great DIY Spa Ideas to give a try)
5. Declutter her room (though she may not think it’s fun to clean if you do it together it can be a project you work on and complete with her and it probably needs to be done. Doing it with her will make it easier for her to get done and show her that you can work together)
6. Bake together ( My daughter is a big fan of cooking and baking so since she was little we have spent time together in the kitchen, the Holidays are a great time to try some new recipes out)
7. practice a makeup look ( go to Youtube and find a makeup tutorial that you can pra
8. Play a game together
9. Let them host a make your own pizzas or ice cream sundaes night. You can help them set up and supervise them and a couple of friends. It’s good to let them have experiences with their friends and you be involved.
10. Go on a walk or hike. Get a little fresh air and exercise together. It’s a good way to show your daughter healthy habits.
I hope that this post has given you some new ideas on how to connect with and spend time with