What to Look for: When Buying a Toddler a Stocking Stuffer
At this age (12-36 months), toddlers will be drawn to the large toys, however you can make stocking stuffers just as fun! Smaller gifts can become favorites, read on for our recommendations this 2020 Christmas season.
Tips when choosing toddler stocking stuffers:
1. Buy toys that are large enough to not pose a choking hazard
2. Choose brightly colored gifts – to compete with big toys
3. Choose things that will provide sensory activities later (bathtub crayons, finger paints). Your future self will thank you!
4. Pick toys that can be used in the car for travel
5. Include small, fun practical gifts (banana shaped toothbrush for example)
6. Take toys out of their packaging to fit better in the stocking. Your toddler will never know the difference!