Last updated on November 19th, 2022 at 08:17 pm
Apples are great tools for preschool and kindergarten crafts. This easy apple stamping pumpkin craft is a unique way to make some fall and Halloween art.
We love apple picking, but we ALWAYS come out with too many apples.
Using the apples as part of art is a great way to use any bruised or old apples that would get thrown out otherwise.
This apple stamping craft is a bit unique because instead of stamping out apples we stamped out little pumpkins. You could easily add little Jack O’Lantern faces and turn this into a Halloween activity.
After you’re done this craft, try this apple stamping project: Apple Basket Activity (Craft with Real Apples)
There are some great learning activities for your Preschooler or Kindergartner:
- Color Identification
- Fine Gross Motor practice
Easy Apple Stamping Pumpkin Craft
- An apple, sliced in half, (reserve the stem!)
- Paint in orange, yellow, green
- An apple stem
- A paper plate
- A sprig of a bush or shrub
1. Place a generous squirt each paint onto a paper plate.
2. Press the sliced apples into the paint and press the apples onto the paper. Repeat with all the colors you are using.
3. To create a cute little pumpkin stem, press the apple stem into green paint and press into the stamp.
4. To create vines and add an extra element of nature painting to this activity, I clipped a small sprig off of a bush. I encouraged my daughter to press the sprig into the paint and create vines around the pumpkin patch.
Allow to dry and display.
This easy apple stamping pumpkin craft can you used as classroom décor or décor at home. Framing them next to a real pumpkin would be a lovely way to display for the season and can be brought out for years to come.
These would also make great placemats for Thanksgiving, just use longer paper and you can write each guest’s name to act as name cards.
Related Preschool and Kindergarten Art: