The period of pregnancy is characterized by occasional surges in pain level, irritation and a lot of physiological disturbances. As an expectant mother, this period is not the easiest for you and you need all the help you can get. It is important that you do not do or use things that may worsen and complicate the delicate state that you are already in.
This post may contain affiliate links. For my full disclosure policy click here.
One of the best things that you could use in that period is a donut pillow. As a pregnant mother, you are required to sleep (and do things like sitting and writing) in a different posture from the rest of the people around you. Normal pillows are definitely not going to make that easy. Due to that, you need something that is perfect to condition your posture. Thatâ€™s where doughnut pillows come in.
There are various types of donut pillows for a pregnant woman. However, letâ€™s branch a little bit shall we? Letâ€™s briefly check out the reason why a pregnant woman should use these pillows.
Why you should use a donut pillow as a pregnant woman
Of course, it is true that reasons are the fastest routes to conviction. You may wonder why exactly you â€“ as a pregnant woman â€“ should bother using a donut pillow. As mentioned above, there are different reasons why you want to use donut pillows as a pregnant woman. Letâ€™s consider some of the important ones here
- To aid faster and optimal flow of blood â€“ As we have mentioned earlier, they are specific postures that you can do things as a pregnant woman. For instance, it is better for a pregnant woman to always sit in a relaxed way that would not cause pain to her back. This sitting posture is best achieved with a donut pillow. This helps the body of the pregnant woman to circulate blood faster between her organs and her fetus.
- To relieve you of the pain and aches â€“ You definitely canâ€™t escape the pain and aches that come with pregnancy. At times, sitting may become problematic; at times you find it difficult to sleep. Donut pillows are designed to provide ubiquitous cushioning for the user. They are better than the conventional pillows in easing pain and aches for pregnant women.
- It allows you to have a better sleeping experience â€“ What is life without proper sleep? Sleep is twice (if not more than this) as important for a pregnant woman than for others. However, as mentioned earlier, sleeping may be problematic for them. Donut pillows allow you a more comfortable sleep.
- They are usually lightweight and portable â€“ Distance doesnâ€™t necessarily need to be a barrier to comfort. If as a pregnant mother, you have reasons to move from one place to another, you can always carry your pillow along. You can use it when you intend to nap, sit, you can use it for massages, you can use it at the spa, you can use it anywhere. You could even take it on picnics.
Some of the Best Donut Pillow for Pregnancy
As mentioned earlier, there are quite a number of brands that make donut pillows in the market today. You may be interested in getting the best quality pillow for optimal comfort. Here are some types we would recommend for you;
1. ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion
This donut pillow has been reviewed to be one of the best donut pillows available. It is designed exactly to give comfort and release pain. It has a removable cover for easy washing. Unlike conventional pillows, The donut seat cushion is made of strong and soft memory foam.Â When bought new, it is structured to adjust to the shape of the user. Therefore, once you get your posture right, it is always there to give you comfort in that position. It is made with a cooling gel to cool down the heat generated from protracted seating. Finally, it is designed to fit into any seat (at least most of the seats)
2. Donut Tailbone Pillow
This donut pillow is one of the best picks for someone considering comfort, portability and easy fit. It is specially designed to ease pregnant users of back pain (coccyx specifically).
It is built in an ergonomic fashion. It has a relative firmness; it can provide firm support for someone with weight while being comfy at the same time. It can support an estimated weight of 240 pounds without losing form.
It has a fairly large dimension of 17.5″ x 14″ x 2.5″ and a removable cover for easy washing.
3. Donut Pillow Tailbone Hemorrhoid Seat Cushion
This donut pillow is specially made to help pregnant women navigate pregnancy without backaches. Like the Anbo donut pillow, it is made of memory foam. It is very receptive to heat, it adjusts to the body shape and it is quite ubiquitous â€“ you can use it on a chair, in a bus, in an office and so on. It has a dimension of 16.5 x 13.5 x 2.9 and it has a removable easy wash cover fabric.
4. DMI Donut Pillow and Seat Cushion
This donut pillow is designed for pregnant women to ease their back and knee aches. It is designed with a size of 16*13*3. It has a high density for supporting the additional weight a pregnant woman may gain. It also has an easily detachable and wash friendly outer cover. This donut pillow is credited by reviewers for not losing shape after continuous use for a relatively long period of time.Â Despite its quality, it costs relatively cheaper than the others. It is the best fit for you if you have a tight budget.
Related PostÂ – Best Pregnancy Safe Protein Powders
5. Donut Pillow Tailbone Hemorrhoid Seat CushionÂ
The Donut Pillow is an Orthopedic donut seat made by Anbocare with memory and gel for excellent comfort. It is a very good option for pregnant women, It alleviates postpartum pain, sciatica, haemorrhoids
This pillow with a dimension of 16.3 x 13.2 x 3 inches is made up of acrylic coated cotton for durability. It is designed to relieve the pain that comes with sitting pressure. It has foam that doesnâ€™t flatten and it is often the best choice for sitting for pregnant women. This doughnut pillow has a three dimensional space designed for airflow. This helps keep the foam and the userâ€™s posture in shape.
5. Aylio Donut Luxury Seat Cushion
The is a donut pillow with aesthetic, it comes in a nicely cut shape for optimum comfort, It alleviates the pressure of the place the relief is needed. It helps to relieve pressure for childbirth, pregnancy, haemorrhoids.
The density of the foam is equally high and with durable leather. Great dimensions and a universal fit at 14.5 x 18.5x 2.5inches
You have to consider some things like your budget, shape, foam and fabric quality when you want to purchase a doughnut pillow. Getting a comfortable pillow is as important as getting yourself proper clothing during pregnancy. It will save you a lot of pain and pressure.