Let these quotes about pregnancy inspire you when you’re feeling pressured with your new role.
In this article:
Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy to Encourage New Moms
Touching Baby Quotes
1. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
This post may contain affiliate links. For my full disclosure policy click here.
One of the most beautiful inspirational quotes about pregnancy is this one by Mary Mason. There is sim something profound about the bond between a mother and her children. I guess we can all agree, motherhood is a full-time job with no option for retirement.
2. “For this child, I prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart.” – 1 Samuel 1:27
Not all women want to be mothers, and some women, sadly, are unable to bear children. For the latter, they end up seeking professional help, looking for natural ways to improve fertility, and some rely on prayers and God’s plan and wait for God’s word. Fortunately, there are many success stories attributed to all methods.
3. “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” – Suzanne Finnamore
Pregnancy is never easy. Moms-to-be will experience a lot of changes physically, mentally, and emotionally with some journeys being tougher than others. Even so, many women who go through pregnancy find it magical.
4. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.” – Penelope Leach
Carrying a baby for nine months can be hard but once you see your baby’s face for the very first time, you won’t think of anything else but giving them all of your love.
5. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
While there are some people who fear they’ll get less love from their partners after a child is born, that’s not always the case. You may fight and bicker with your husband at times while caring for your little one but having a baby together will only make your bond stronger as a couple.
6. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
It’s no secret that babies will be a handful. Even with a meticulously planned calendar, having a child will change all that. Even more so when they grow up! Having children will help you become more patient and loving.
7. “When a baby comes, you can smell two things: the smell of flesh, which smells like chicken soup, and the smell of lilies, the flower of another garden, the spiritual garden.” – Carlos Santana
Having a child will bring you both joy and stress. Then again, your love for your baby will surely overcome whatever hardship you face when raising them.
8. “Babies are bits of stardust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
Just like how morning arrives after darkness, babies come after sacrifice and pain. Nothing is more stunning and bright than a child held in a mother’s arms after hours of painful labor!
9. “When babies look beyond you and giggle, maybe they’re seeing angels.” – Eileen Elias Freeman
They say a baby’s innocence makes them more susceptible to seeing angels. They feel the good in people and enjoy being showered with love. Perhaps angels do come down on earth to play with babies. Then again, maybe you are the angel sent by God to shower your baby with love and affection.
10. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.” – Kartini Diapari-Oengider
Ever wondered how mothers continue to hustle every day despite the lack of sleep and rest? It’s because seeing their baby’s face is more than enough to energize them. A baby’s smile can melt away fatigue and stress every time.
11. “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
Even before your baby was conceived, God already had them in His thoughts. This means that with every birth comes hope for a brilliant and happy future for mothers, fathers, and families.
12. “With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.” – Irmgard Erath
Babies bring brightness and warmth not just to their parents’ lives, but to everyone. Relatives, friends, and even complete strangers rejoice a successful birth! Admit it, don’t you just automatically smile whenever you see a baby cooing and laughing?
13. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
The world is not the friendliest right now, but hope comes in the form of children. Also, healthy, newborn babies are the ultimate hope for a new and improved world for the future.
On the other hand, the care, love, and guidance of a mother and father for a growing child also plays a major role in shaping a person into becoming a hope for the future.
14. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” – Jayne Mansfield
Babies start to bring happiness to their parents way before they’re born. It happens the moment an expectant mother finds out she’s pregnant.
Whatever thoughts about the pregnancy she has will all personally change the moment the ultrasound technician shows her the image of her unborn child inside her. Then it all culminates on the day an excited mother gives birth.
15. “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
Ever seen daughter-crazy fathers? They’re beyond adorable! Then again, mother-daughter relationships are awesome, too! Who wouldn’t want a little girl to dress up and dote on?
16. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought – and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
There is no denying that a baby can be a handful, and most soon-to-be moms dread that. But, you should never lose sight of the fact that it’s exactly what makes motherhood a wonderful experience.
17. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
Having a baby at home will certainly change things. Despite the adjustments you’ll make, find comfort in knowing that the sacrifices will be incomparable to the pure happiness your baby will give you.
18. “Sometimes, when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart, that all the same, you could not live without.”– Jodi Picoult
Life may be unfair at times, but this is something you can truly say that life got right. When you see a mini version of yourself walking around, you can’t help but be amazed at the miracle of life. You made that happen!
19. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Author Unknown
You’ll never know how much you can love until you have your own baby. You’ll also never know how big your heart can grow until the first time you’ve held your baby in your arms.
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
20. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
This is one of the inspirational motherhood quotes for women having a hard time dealing with the physical changes. Through it all, the curiosity and excitement to meet their babies override any negative feelings they may have about their bodies.
Remember, the human spirit is resilient, and when you hold your baby for the first time, you’ll discover just how resilient you can be.
21. “Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” – Nikki Dalton
The whole nine months are going to be full of restrictions and sacrifices for moms-to-be and even dads-to-be, but that’s it. It’s only going to last less than a year. The joys motherhood and parenthood will bring, though, will last a lifetime.
22. “It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons, probably understood by Darwin, love it.” – Rich Cohen
Mommy-to-be quotes and sayings like this one from Rich Cohen are true. Not all women enjoy being pregnant for various reasons. It’s understandable, pregnancy really does change your life. It can cause you a lot of stress, perhaps even cost you your job or some friendships.
Life is what you make of it, though. Many women sacrifice a lot to be good mothers to their children and don’t regret it.
23. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
One of the most prominent physical changes a pregnant woman will have to endure is stretch marks, save for some who are genetically gifted. Thankfully, more women are embracing their stretch marks and considering them as battle scars instead of flaws.
These kinds of pregnancy quotes for baby boy or girl highlight a physical change as a badge of honor for a wonderful event in a woman’s life.
24. “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
Are you worried about how you’re going to look throughout the different trimesters? This is one inspirational motherhood quotes to live by. Pregnancy is a manifestation of how a woman’s body can do wonders. Imagine, an entirely different and new life is growing inside your belly!
Never forget that in spite of all the stress and changes you have to go through over the whole forty or so weeks.
25. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” – Holly Madison
Pregnancy can mean making hard choices with regard to your personal and professional goals. Some women sacrifice their careers to focus on motherhood, while other women sacrifice sleep so they can work and take care of their kids at the same time. Both choices deserve a lot of respect.
26. “When I got pregnant, I had to concentrate on being pregnant for a whole nine months, even though I knew it was ruining my career at the time.” – Yoko Ono
I don’t think I can emphasize enough how pregnant women have to make certain sacrifices to ensure their babies are safe and healthy. Even through the toughest times, dedicated mothers make sure their littles are their number one priority.
It’s almost always their babies over themselves, and to me, that’s simply brave and wonderful.
RELATED: Parenting Quotes To Live By
27. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
One common mistake is when women are pregnant, the focus is always on the baby. What many fail to realize is that pregnancy is also the perfect time for a woman to grow mentally and emotionally. The beginning of life can also be a new beginning for a woman.
28. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.” – Author Unknown
Pregnancy is a wonderful thing, and this is a time where a woman’s soul truly shines. Celebrate it!
29. “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” ― E.B. White
There are many wonderful moments in life, but the highlight of all of them is definitely the birth of a new person!
30. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man. – Rabindranath Tagore
People might get discouraged by what’s happening in the world. Yet every birth of a baby is God’s way of telling us that He still believes in humanity, one adorable baby at a time!
Hilarious Pregnancy Quotes
31. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it” -Chinese Proverb
It might sound like a joke to most people, but parents see their child as the most beautiful baby in the world. After nine months worth of anticipation and hours of labor, your baby definitely becomes the most beautiful baby ever.
32. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.” -Angelina Jolie
Being pregnant sometimes becomes an excuse for women to do whatever they want. That includes eating a lot and going to the bathroom a lot. Even celebrities love using this excuse when pregnant!
33. “Having kids feel like that first seventh-grade crush that overwhelms every molecule in your body, but it’s permanent.” – Kristen Bell
Remember your first crush, first kiss, or first relationship? That’s the same giddy feeling mothers get when they hold their child for the first time. This time, though, that feelings stay for a lifetime.
34. “Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you to learn to do that.” ― Heather Wittenberg
Some pregnancies aren’t planned but that doesn’t make it any less special. Once you hold that little bundle of joy in your arms, that’s it. You’re hooked for life! Whether your pregnancy is unplanned or not!
35. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.” ― Benjamin Franklin
A woman definitely glows when she’s pregnant. You can be assured you’re the most beautiful woman in the world when you carry your baby in your tummy. If not to other people, then definitely to your doting husband.
36. “It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.” ― Author Unknown
What’s more beautiful than a healthy baby birthed to loving parents? Two of them! Having twins may seem daunting, but you’ll get double the love as well!
First-Time Mom Quotes
37. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
Imagine being nine months pregnant and going through a rollercoaster of physical, mental, and emotional changes, while still having to go on with your daily life. If you are having a hard time carrying your child, remember, that whatever type of pain you’ll experience, you are strong, and you’ll do great!
38. “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” – Amy Tan
Isn’t it beautiful to be the instrument of life? Your body is where life begins. It may not be comfortable or convenient, but it is one of the most transforming things a woman can achieve in this world. Be proud of yourself. You are amazing!
39. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
When your baby grows inside you for nine months, you’ll know your baby and you will never be apart. Even as he or she grows up, you’ll still see a part of you in your child, and that is something that will never change. It’s marvelous!
40. “The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her, but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” ― C. JoyBell C.
Pregnancy will have its ups and downs. There will be pregnancies that prove to be more challenging than others. Remember that there is a little human being growing inside you, and he or she is relying on your strength to overcome all these challenges. Draw courage from that.
41. “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.” – John Stevenson
We’d often hear women say how men have it easier in life. They don’t get a monthly period and they don’t go through nine months of pregnancy. But really, who are we kidding? Women are blessed to be able to bring life to the world, and that in itself is something to be very proud of!
42. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” – Lin Yutang
Being a mother is a right no one can ever take away from you. It is powerful. Claim that power and embrace this special privilege.
43. “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while, it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.” – Emily Perkins
It is always understandable to feel scared or anxious during your first pregnancy. It feels like you’re never ready for what’s coming ahead. The truth is, you cannot plan every single thing out. At the end of the day, what matters is that you do your best to make the right decisions, and you will, as long as you have your child’s best interest at heart.
44. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra C. Kassis
Just when you think you got life all figured out, here comes a baby that will change your mind. This new understanding of life is exactly what you need to realize how valuable you are as a human being, which should also empower you more to become a fearless mother.
45. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”– Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
Sure, your stretch marks are getting bigger, you’re gaining more weight than expected, and you’re breaking out like you never have before. But these are just physical changes, and cannot be compared to the beautiful opportunities that will come your way as a new mother.
Be open to new possibilities, and you’ll grow more as a mother and a woman.
46. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck
Nine months of pregnancy is definitely not easy, but perhaps a change of perspective will help. Instead of wishing that time goes by faster, why not cherish every single moment when your baby is still growing inside you?
Whether it’s morning sickness or even the late night cravings, remember every single thing because this is a once in a lifetime journey, and you are blessed to have gone through it.
47. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.”– George Bernard Shaw
Nothing can spark that fire inside a woman’s heart more than her own baby. First-time moms may not realize this right away, but once you see your baby eye-to-eye, you’ll feel that fire burn inside you like never before!
48. “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
Once you become a mother, that role will not end and neither will the optimism that comes with bringing a new life into the world. It is not an easy job, but it is one of the most fulfilling jobs you’ll have in your life.
Your pregnancy might not be as smooth as you hoped for, but the reward is so much greater than you’d expect, too.
49. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” – Maureen Hawkins
If there is one thing in this world that will remain genuine, consistent, and untainted, that is a mother’s love for her child.
50. The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
Don’t be too focused on being the perfect mom. Allow yourself to make mistakes and forgive yourself when you do. Motherhood isn’t a test or a contest. It is a life experience for you to learn and grow with your child. Do your best to be the mom your child needs, and that will be more than enough.
51. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”― Elizabeth Stone
The moment you decide to become a mother – whether it’s an unplanned pregnancy or a long-awaited conception – you allow yourself to have a piece of your heart live in another being. Nevertheless, it’s a decision you will forever celebrate.
52. “What if I fail?” “Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
And to cap off our list of inspirational quotes about pregnancy, here’s something we want you to think about. For all the soon-to-be moms who are doubting themselves and scared of failing, ask yourself, what if you fly? What if you are an awesome mom?
Yes, pregnancy can get pretty intimidating, but you also have to believe that you are bigger than your fear. After all, you’re not just fighting for yourself now, you’re also fighting for the little one inside you.
Daily-Quotes shares a short clip of 20 inspirational motherhood quotes you can draw motivation from during this wonderful period in your life:
Whether these inspirational motherhood quotes made you laugh, cry, or grow more anxious about all the changes you have to go through, do not forget your main goal: stay healthy and happy for your child, for yourself, and for the people who love you.
There will be hard and easy times. What is more important is how you deal with them and the lessons you will learn along the way. Keep these sweet pregnancy quotes close to your heart as you watch your child grow.
What are your most important concerns when expecting a baby? Let us know in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 10, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.