Learning through play is an important part of a child’s development. And toys offer children that avenue to play, learn and explore. Growing up, most kids begin to find out who they are through play, which helps them begin to take cognizance of their environment.
Toys come in different categories. They are designed primarily to make childhood a memorable and beautiful one. These categories of toys may come in the form of action figures, wooden toys, sound toys, spinning toys, puzzle toys, educational toys, food-related toys, dolls, creative toys, construction toys, and so many of them.
This post may contain affiliate links. For my full disclosure policy click here.
Playing with these toys helps children develop varying skills such as problem solving skills, creativity, imagination, sharing with others, and conflict resolution.
Choosing toys for your children? Things to look out for
When children play with toys, most especially the ones they like, they make use of them as often as when they play. If your toy choices are not strong, they could get spoilt easily with constant usage from your child. So, when getting a toy for a child, you should check the product and determine if the toy is made of stable and solid material.
Toys are primarily made for children, so they are meant to be safe, not containing toxic and or flammable materials. Like it’s often said, safety is expensive; it is priceless.
While playing, it’s important that your children also learn. When getting toys, look out for toys that teach your child to think and create and imagine. What toys will help them develop their critical thinking, role-playing, and problem solving skills?
In as much, you are concerned about developing your child’s mental abilities, you should also be concerned about if the toys you are about to buy are entertaining. Look out for toys that your child can play within many ways.
Easy to use
Your child should be able to find their way around toys, which means there should be ease of use as simple toys are the easiest to operate.
8 Best ride on toys for 2-3 year olds; Buying Guide And Recommendations
1. iPlay, iLearn Bouncy Pals Unicorn Hopping Horse
This soft unisex toy has four sturdy legs and is beautifully made with eye-catching features. It’s made for children under the age of two years old. Your kids will definitely love to play with this toy!
- Its four sturdy legs prevent your kids from tipping and falling off the horse.
- It helps strengthen your kids’ muscles and helps your kid help maintain balance while it promotes brain development.
- It stimulates your child’s desire to ride a real horse.
- It is suitable for summer vacation, classrooms, parties, indoors and outdoors.
- Children aged under two years old should always be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Possibility of deflation after inflating it.
- It is smaller in size, and it may be difficult to bounce if your child is bigger.
2. Bee Tree Monster Truck Toy
If you are looking for simple and stylish car toys, this is your best to go toy. The big truck tyres provide a comfortable ride for your kids. They are simple to use and fun for playing time.
- Children can press the toy truck button to opens the toy’s mouth and see the teeth.
- It is made of high quality, non-toxic, and the wheel’s turn.
- It is easy to restore in the bag they come in and also to clean when dirty.
- The battery life can last for hours.
- The tendency of truck reverses not pulling backward.
3. Fisher Davidson Tough Trike
This three-wheel bike has pedal power to ride around and make exciting discoveries around a neighborhood.
- It has rugged, durable tires and a stable base for safety.
- It has a secret storage compartment to hold snacks, toys, and other important things.
- It has easy-grip handlebars and big foot pedals to help riders get up to speed.
- Comfy seat for riders.
- It is easy to assemble parts of the toy as the directions are clear.
- The material is made of a metal trike.
- The seat is made of plastic, and it can break easily. Unfortunately, once it breaks off, it can’t be repaired.
- If left outdoor, there’s the possibility of it getting wet. The decals may come off or fade with the sun.
- Best stored out of the weather or indoor if that’s a concern.
- Due to the weight and material of the toy, it’s dangerous when it falls over someone.
4. Firetruck Wiggle Car Ride
The fire truck wiggle car is a safe, easy-to-ride toy that doesn’t require gears, pedals, or batteries. It is constructed of durable plastic. This fire truck is easy to operate; it needs a driver and a smooth, flat surface. It does not require an expensive power source that needs constant replacement. You need a ride that is safe, inexpensive, and quiet; Lil’ Rider Wiggle car is your best bet!
- It is made from rugged, high-quality plastics durable enough to hold to 110 lbs. of weight.
- It offers effortless operations with no gears, batteries, or pedals.
- It comes with fire truck themed decals for your future little firefighter!
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor playing.
- It is not recommended for use on wood floors.
- It is to be used under the direct supervision of an adult.
- The seat has fewer features; it could only accommodate one.
5. XJD 3 in 1 Kids Tricycles
This 3in1 tricycle is made for both boys and girls. It is recommended 10-24 months baby use the threeâ€“wheel model. 2-3 years old baby to use the twoâ€“wheel balance bike mode. It is an excellent indoor baby walker developed to give kids balance, steering, coordination, and confidence early.
- It has adjustable handlebars and lifts seat functions perfectly suitable for growing with a baby.
- It has a safe carbon steel frame strong enough for riding indoor or outdoor.
- It’s one of the best birthday gifts you can give to your kid that will help them learn how to ride a bike.
- It comes with a fun detachable pedal, and its rear wheel can be switched randomly using buttons.
- Possibility of the seat being too small for your toddler.
- Most of the product is made of plastic.
- Possibility of having issues with pedals.
- The toy physically may appear smaller than it is in pictures.
6. Radio Flyer Deluxe Big Flyer
The Deluxe big flyer is a chopper-style tricycle with a sleek racing design. It has large front wheels with a high-performance grip that allows your child to take off without slipping or spinning out.
- It has a large 16 wheel front tire.
- It comes with an adjustable seat that grows with your toddler.
- The steel-reinforced steering construction is one unique feature.
- It is easier to assemble when it is needed for use.
- It rides fast with minimal effort.
- Everything about the product is plastic, including the seat; it may incur bruises when sat on too long.
- Some connection pieces wobble (handlebars to the wheelbase, wheels to seat).
- Plastic from manufacturing may be stuck inside of some of the parts.
7. Little Tikes Go and Grow
This is a ride on giraffe three-wheel bike that provides added stability, and it also includes a wheel guard for safety. This toddler ride-on will help promote gross motor skills, active play, and balance.
- It has a front wheelbase to aid balance.
- The back wheel provides added stability, and it also includes a wheel guard for safety.
- It can be used indoor and outdoor.
- It has a controlled steering radius.
- The seat is adjustable, and it comes with customizable spot decals.
- The neck of the giraffe turns only 1 or 2 cm to each side.
- The seat is not completely fixed and moves or comes out constantly.
- It has two wheels in the front and one in the back, which might affect motion.
- Possibility of bike tipping over easily, and the handlebar doesn’t turn far enough to steer.
8. Radio flyer Little Red Roadster
This little red roadster has features that teach toddlers how to ride and develop fine motor skills. The durable steel body and real rubber tires deliver a dependable ride that will last for years.
- It has rubber tires that provide a smooth and quiet ride.
- It is safe for indoor and outdoor use.
- The honking horn has a unique sound.
It has a comfortable seat that provides fatigue support.
- The frame is all metal, and the plastic/rubber part is very sturdy too.
- The toy may be too small for the rider depending on the age that is driving on it.
- Possibility of having issues with assembling the toy.
- The turning radius of the toy is extremely wide, which may make it tough to ride around.
- Might have issues lining up the red hump at the back of the toy.
Ride-on toys are an effective means of engaging your child physically and stimulating a balanced mental and cognitive development. As parents, if you need something to constantly keep your child busy and productive at the same time, you should try them.