Best Baby Lounger for Reflux
Have you ever witnessed your baby experience any of the following after eating; Swallows emptily and repeatedly burps loudly both during and after feeding Coughs and hiccups repeatedly after eating.Â Cries and is unsettled during feeding. Regurgitates milk or any other kind of feed Gets slightly sick immediately after eating consistently
If the answer to this is yes, then your baby is exhibiting signs of reflux.
Reflux is a nearly reflexive action in which food is expelled from the digestive tracts of a baby. It occurs most times during or after feeding.
There are quite a number of factors that are responsible for reflux in babies. Among all these factors, the positioning of the baby is very important. The babies’ body position during and after contribute to whether the baby will experience reflux or not.
If, after observation, you notice that reflux in your babies results from the positioning of the baby, then you need to adjust.
How do you adjust to the optimal position for feeding your babies? How exactly do you even recognize the optimal way to position your baby while feeding him or her? What about after feeding? How do you position your baby if you want to prevent food reflux? This is where baby loungers come in.
Baby loungers are cushions designed to soothe and relax your baby. The best part of a lounger’s design is that it can be adjusted in different ways for babies to relax comfortably. With good loungers, babies can rest without the fear of reflux; either as a result of feeding or sickness.
What to watch out for when buying Best Baby Lounger for Reflux
There are quite a number of baby loungers in the market today. However, not all of these loungers are suited to prevent the occurrence of reflux in babies. Below are the things you need to look out for if you want to choose the perfect lounger to prevent reflux in babies.
The lounger must be very adjustable
A lounger must be considerably adjustable if you intend to get it to prevent reflux. Indeed, loungers are generally adjustable. However, to prevent reflux (or stop it if it starts), you need a lounger that can go from a straight 180 degrees to 90 degrees. This is because; you may need to adjust the lounger to these different angles if your baby experiences reflux.
The lounger must be of the right size for our baby
Remember, adjustability becomes irrelevant if the lounger is not of the right size. Getting an undersized lounger for your baby could make reflux more aggressive. Believe this; you do not want to leave your baby’s legs or head unsupported in that circumstance.
The lounger must be comfy
This is a basic requirement for loungers, whether for reflux or not. If you want to purchase a lounger for your baby, make sure the materials provide enough cushion. Even if the lounger meets all of the requirements above, that does not solve anything if it is uncomfortable. Besides, a cushion could come in handy in case of impact.
The lounger must be easy to clean
This could be an extra advantage in the instance where your baby burps and vomits the food. If the lounger is easy to clean, it allows you to immediately get rid of the stain and relax your baby again in a short amount of time.
Buying Guide and Recommendations for the Best Baby Lounger for Reflux
Now that you have an idea of what you should look for. Let’s go shopping, shall we? Below are some of the baby’s best loungers in 2021 suited for reflux and similar things. This list would help you reduce the extent of filtering you need to do. So, here we go;
1. Mamibaby Baby Lounger Baby Nest Co-Sleeping for Baby
This baby lounger is designed with a 360-degree support structure. It is designed from 100% velvet material to give it a cushion. The lounger can be disassembled and washed with a washing machine. For further assurance, the Mamibaby brand has been certified by various bodies in charge of quality control. Finally, the lounger is free of any common triggers of allergies in babies (hypoallergenic)
The baby lounger is very portable; it can be moved around for use in places other than the house.
- It is quoted as comfy and soft. The velvet material provides all the cushions for babies between 0-12months old.
- It has a protective bed that surrounds the lounger. This is to protect the baby from rolling off in situations where the mom is busy.
- The lounger can be adjusted to different degrees. As an extra fun feature, it has two patterns on different sides.
- It is possible to switch to a different design if you like
- It is quite easy to wash. You could disassemble it and wash it in parts with a machine.
- The material is quite breathable; it has the space for airflow.
- It may not be easy to re-assemble after washing
- The zipper built for disassembling is not very durable.
2. CosyNation Baby Lounger, Baby Nest for Co-Sleeping
This baby lounger is reputed to have passed many quality control tests; the amount of certifications it has is a testimony to that fact. It is designed from cotton, and it has a three-dimensional polyester material for its mat filling. It is made to look like a U shape to support the natural build of a baby.
- It has a bionic design that gives the baby the same sensation as the mother’s womb. Aside from that, it has a bumper design and all sides, and a cotton interior. All these features provide an overall feeling of comfort for the baby.
- The pad and the bumper are waterproof. That way, it is not affected by incontinence.
- It is easy to detach and wash with a machine
- It is quite lightweight and adjustable
- It shows signs of bumps after consistent folding
- The sizing may not accommodate bigger babies.
3. Baby Lounger Nest – 100% Cotton Portable Newborn Sleeper
This baby lounger assumes a design that looks like a nest. It is made with a headrest inside the lounger to add little inclination to the baby’s body when sleeping. That is in compliance with the advised sleeping posture from professionals. Also, the baby lounger has two sides that can be turned in, according to the design and color preference of the baby and the mom.
- It is made up of cotton and mesh. Therefore, it is plush and breathable
- The design is perfect for anti-reflux. The headrest provides a near perfect angle for a burping baby to prevent food reflex.
- The nest-like design is meant to prevent the baby from rolling off.
- It is quite portable and optimal for usage while traveling
- It is quite easy to wash when compared to the others
- It may not be as durable as expected.
- Some products fall off after getting washed with a machine.
4. Comfy store Baby Lounger Original Baby NestÂ
This baby lounger fits into the description of plushness. The cushion fill is made of 100% memory foam. This memory is what constitutes the fill of many high-quality pillows. The rest of the lounger comprises part cotton (60%) and part polyester (40%). Finally, it has a bionic design, and oh, it uses the World Health Organization’s recommended design.
- It is very plush and comfortable; it is optimal for a baby’s relaxation.
- It is quite lightweight and portable to carry.
- It is very easy to clean. Also, it is machine washable.
- The size of this lounger is customizable. That way, it has an extra advantage over most loungers that have sizing difficulties.
- It is quite adjustable. The pillow structure can be folded to make the baby sit upright in the case of refluxes.
- The zipper underneath this lounger is not very durable. It can get worn out after laundry.
- The Velcro of this lounger is sharp and may be dangerous to some babies, especially younger babies of 0-4 months.
5. DHZJM Baby Lounger Baby Nest
This lounger is designed to accommodate babies of different sizes. It is certified by the top quality control bodies in the world of pillows and comfort materials. It is made of safe, hypoallergenic materials. It is quite comfortable and easy to move around. Here are some of the Pros of the detailed advantages of using this lounger;
- It is very lightweight; it is easily one of the most portable baby loungers in the market today.
- Its design makes it comfortable for babies; it is structured in a U-like manner to give the baby a healthy sleeping posture.
- It is generally durable; it can last for a good period of time.
- It is easy to clean; unlike most loungers that require washing, you could wipe the surface of this lounger, and just like that, it is clean.
- It has a breathable cover and a waterproof mattress to prevent soaking from urine.
- The cover can be detached and washed thoroughly with a washing machine
- It has a bionic design; it re-invents the comfortable conditions of the womb to keep a baby at rest
- It is quite adjustable to the posture you want your baby to assume, though that is temporary.
- It is to be used under strict supervision. It does not have a protective design to prevent the baby from rolling off.
6. Portable Crib Baby Portable Lounger Infant Bassinet
This baby lounger is designed to be nest like. The base of the lounger is a bit inclined. This makes it a multipurpose lounger; it is suitable for anti-reflux and it can serve as a make-shift bassinet. It is made up of 100% organic cotton.
- It is quite stylish for a lounger.
- It is made of organic cotton that gives warmth and coziness
- It is incredibly lightweight and easy to carry
- It is easy to wash and dry
- It is a multipurpose lounger, therefore it is cost-effective
- It is not very durable when compared with others in the category
- It stains easily when compared to other bassinets.
7. UpwardBaby Thick Baby LoungerÂ
This baby lounger is made of cotton and polyester. It is designed to look like a U. It has an elevated and cushioned bulge around the food area. The design is simple and ergonomic.
- The material is very breathable
- It is comfortable to the baby and for a mother
- It is lightweight and easy to carry
- It has a durable cushion that could last a weight
- The whole lounger and its covers are easy to wash
- The sizing may not always be accurate
Have you read these yet?
Best formula for colic and Reflux
Why do babies sleep with their butt in the air
Best Sleeping Positions for Colic Babies
Baby loungers are, of course, not the permanent solution to reflux babies. However, they can be very instrumental in preventing reflux in babies. Not just that, they can double as a bed or a strap-in mattress for your baby when you are occupied. All in all, quality baby loungers are a plus for any parent; you should try them!