We have prepared a list of 100 quotes about children for you.
Children are gifts, but we cannot ignore the task of bringing them up. Each child grows differently, and it is up to the parent/guardian to raise the best version of each of them.
This post may contain affiliate links. For my full disclosure policy click here.
These quotes about children will help you relate with other people’s children. As a parent, it feels good to find other parents who have similar experiences parenting.
I hope you find as many relatable quotes about children in this list as you can. And you are doing a good job being a parent. Give yourself a break.
Enjoy the read.
- “The magic, the wonder, the mystery and the innocence of a child’s heart are the seeds of creativity that will heal the world.” Michael Jackson
Best Quotes About Children
2. “Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us because of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future.” Maria Montessori
3. “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.” Nelson Mandela
4. “I continue to believe that if children are given the necessary tools to succeed, they will succeed beyond their wildest dreams!” David Vitter
5. “Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands.” Lisa Wingate
6. “Kids deserve the right to think that they can change the world.” Lois Lowry
See also, Inspirational quotes
7. “A child’s imaginary playmate just might actually be there.” Doug Dillon
8. “The soul is healed by being with children.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky
9. “Every child is an artist.” Pablo Picasso
10. “Children are like wet cement: whatever falls on them makes an impression.” Haim Ginott
11. “Children are mirrors. They reflect back to us all we say and do.” Pam Leo
12. “Children are a great comfort to us in our old age, and they help us reach it faster too.” John Ruskin
13. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” James Baldwin
14. “Old men can make war, but it is children who will make history.” Unknown
15. “Children need models rather than critics.” Joseph Joubert
16. “What is a home without children? Quiet.” Henny Youngman
Read also, Quotes About cutting people off
17. “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” Oscar Wilde
18. “The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.” Ray L. Wilbur
19. “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” Denis Waitley
20. “I love kids, but they are a tough audience.” Robbin Williams
Inspiring Quotes About Children
21. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” Zig Ziglar
22. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” John Wooden
23. “The more you give away, the happier you become.” Unknown
24. “The tougher the fight, the more important the mental attitude.” Michael Landon
25. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” Japanese Proverb
26. “Being kind is never wasted.” Unknown
27. “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” Brian Herbert
Read also Brother Quotes
28. “You always pass failure on the way to success.” Mickey Rooney
29. “Don’t be afraid to use your imagination.” Unknown
30. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” Malala Yousafza
31. “No Matter how bad things get, something good is out there, over the horizon.” Green Lantern
32. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” Unknown
33. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Dumbledore
34. “Never waste a minute thinking of anyone you don’t like.” gm
See also, Quotes about feelings and Emotions
35. “The kids who ask WHY are the ones who are going to change the world.” Neal Thompson
36. “Even miracles take a little time.” The Fairy Godmother from Cinderella
37. “Dream big.” Unknown
38. “Make yourself proud.” Peter W. Smith
39. “You can only think about 1 thing at a time, so why waste it.” Unknown
40. “One day the people that don’t even believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” Johnny Depp
Quotes for bad kids
41. “I was a bad kid, getting into a lot of wild stuff.” Booger McFarland
42. “My Kid Could Get A Bad X-Ray, And I Could Get A Call.” Unknown
43. “She and her friends would talk about their husbands like they were children or pets – some strange species responsible for bad smells and strange noises and messes they’d have to clean up.” Jennifer Weiner
44. “No, I wasn’t a bad kid. I was always intelligent, strong-minded, and outgoing, like I am now.” DaBaby
45. “Sorting out what’s good and bad is the province of ethics. It is also what keeps priests, pundits, and parents busy. Unfortunately, what keeps children and philosophers busy is asking the priests, pundits and parents, Why?” Thomas Cathcart
46. “I was the bad kid in school. I was usually in trouble.” Scott Caan
Read also, Best Apology Quotes.
47. “When I was in high school, I was a bad kid and a good student.” Halsey
48. “I went to see a children’s matinee at the movie theatre one summer, but at some point they had changed to the grown up movie in the late afternoon, and I ended up seeing this movie called ‘The Bad Seed.’ It just terrified me.” Robert Englund
49. “Affection between adults – if they are really adult in mind and not merely grown-up children – and creatures so relatively selfish and cruel as children necessarily are without knowing it or meaning it, cannot be called natural.” George Bernard Shaw
50. “I wasn’t a good kid in school. I wasn’t a bad kid. I just didn’t focus. My grades weren’t good. I mucked around, you know, a phase everyone went through.” Dacre Montgomery
51. “Our censorship has sort of gotten a little too far. Too much censorship is just as bad as having none at all. Children need to be exposed to things because if they don’t see it, eventually, it’s not like it’s not going to happen, but it’s just that there needs to be a balance.” Zoe Saldana
52. “The solution to adult problems tomorrow depends largely on how our children grow up today.” Margaret Mead
53. “I was rambunctious – a boy’s boy, full of energy. I wasn’t a bad kid. I just liked to talk.” Mark Foster
54. “Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?” Marilyn Manson
55. “The teachers told me I wouldn’t amount to anything because I was a bad kid. But I knew I could still hoop.” Gerald Green
Read also, Quotes About ex-lovers.
56. “Your children learn more of your faith during the bad times than they do during the good times.” Beverly LaHaye
57. “I’ve never been innocent, but I don’t think I’m a bad kid! I didn’t get voted prom king. I was a dancer and performer but always very athletic.” Jake T. Austin
58. “I am not going to condemn anybody. That’s where religion gets a bad name when people get holier than thou. We are all human. If my children make a mistake, I want them to know it is all right and they should try harder next time.” Donny Osmond
59. “No disrespect is a world away from respect and admiration” Susanne Dunlap
60. “I remember, in my senior year, one of my teachers taking me aside and saying: ‘You look really tired.’ This was when I was being a bad kid and she knew that something was wrong.” Cecily von Ziegesar
More Quotes About Children
61. “My dad had limitations. That’s what my good-hearted mom always told us. He had limitations, but he meant no harm. It was kind of her to say, but he harmed.” Gillian Flynn
62. “Good parenting gives headaches, but bad parenting gives heartaches.” Shiv Khera
63. “It is not a bad thing that children should occasionally, and politely, put parents in their place.” Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
64. “You thought parenting would be easy peasy lemon squeasy, but it’s actually difficult difficult lemon difficult” The Daily Dad
65. “It hurts real bad to have that protection barrier between parent and child.” Susan Smith
See also, Quotes for people fighting trauma
66. “They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?”
“You’d think so.” N.R. Walker, Spencer Cohen.
67. “Too bad for any parent who has become accustomed to ruling by force, because, at some point, the kids just get too big to slap around.” Barbara Ehrenreich
68. “If parents wish to preserve childhood for their own children, they must conceive parenting as an act of rebellion against culture.” Neil Postman
69. “It was a mixed blessing to have famous parents. It was tough to go to auditions and be bad, since I couldn’t be anonymous.” Ben Stiller
70 “Being a bad parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.” MokokomaMokhonoana
71. “Today’s troubled homes are made by parents who want to have children but don’t want their children to have parents.” Agona Apell
72. “There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments with drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent
73. “Toxic parents are the root cause of all dysfunctional families because the fish rots first at its head.” Trialsandtests
74. “Some have said that ‘Frankenstein’ is a story of bad parenting giving rise to a troubled child.” Dave Morris
75. “An unpredictable parent is a fearsome god in the eyes of a child.” Susan Forward.
Read also, Quotes on optimism
78. “Many children of toxic parents find it exceptionally difficult to identify who they are once they grow up.” JR Thorpe.
79. “Narcissist parents don’t care about their children’s feelings. Only their feelings matter.” Kim Saeed
80. “No child ever became ‘good’ by being told that she or he was bad or by beating her/him.” Maddy Malhotra
Funny Quotes About Children
81. “My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.” Bobby Boucher.
82. “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” Ray Romano
83. “Be awesome! Be a book nut!” Dr Seuss.
84. “Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that you will have a sticky purse for the next 16 years of your life.” Nia Vardalos
85. “The first day of school is always a fashion show. The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” Unknown
See also, Leadership quotes
86. “Mother’s words of wisdom: ‘Answer me! Don’t talk with food in your mouth!’.” Erma Bombeck.
87. “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I showed iPhone snaps to a cab driver.” Jimmy Fallon
88. “When I’m too big for you to hold, I’ll hold you instead.” Ashlyn
89. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.” Albert Einstein
90. “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” Wolfgang Riebe.
91. “When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, I’m really saying, “Please forget.” @SarcasticMommy4
92. “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” Erma Bombeck.
93. “You know you’re old when you barely do anything all day but still need a nap to continue doing anything barely.” Anonymous
94. “What if the police lied and turned on the siren, but he was just going to get a taco for lunch?” Jonah, age 8
95. “First day of school! Wake up! Come on. First day of school.” Nemo from Finding Nemo
96. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.” Phyllis Diller.
97. “A two-year-old is like having a blender, but you don’t have on top for it.” Jerry “Seinfeld
98. “Mommy, ” wish you were my age so you could be my daughter.” Marley” age 5
99. “I loved the first day of school better than the last day. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” Jenny “an
100. “There’s sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.”- Erma Bombeck.
I hope you found amazing quotes about Children in this list.