120 Funny and Interesting Marriage Quotes
These Marriage Quotes will help you enjoy your marriage life for sure.
Marriage is the one thing you will have to experience to really appreciate all its dynamics. Facts, marriages are not easy, someday they are good, other days they are not.
So here are over 100 quotes for those marriage episodes. You Know, the sad, the happy, the funny, the inspiring, and the positive and negative episodes.
Happy Marriage Quotes
- ” The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.”_ Julia Child
2. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.”_Henny Youngman
3. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”_André Maurois
4. “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquility of a lovely sunset.”_Ann Landers
5. “A good marriage is not something you find, it is something you make and you have to keep on making it.”_Unknown
6. “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.”_Bruce Forsyth
7. “A good marriage is different from a happy marriage.”_Debra Winger
8. “A happy marriage is the union of two forgivers.”_Ruth Bell Graham
9. “I want the kind of marriage that makes my kids want to get married.”_Emily Wierenga
10. “Some of the happiest and strongest marriages have been curved out the ashes of long seasons of hardships.”_Unknown.
Sad Quotes On Marriages
11. “You can’t save a relationship unless both people are equally invested. It takes a joint effort to make it work. One person will never be enough._“Tony Gaskin
12. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”_Friedrich Nietzsche.
13. “If you cannot make me feel special, do not make me feel insignificant either.”_Lucks.
14. “It is better to be unhappy in love than unhappy in marriage, but some people manage to be both.”_Guy De Maupassant
15. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. In variably they are both dissappointed.”_Albert Einstein
16. “That moment when you were married but you are more lonely than when you were single.”_Unknown
17. “More marriages might survive if the partners realize that sometimes, the better comes after the worse.”_Doug Larson
18. “You have no idea how worthless you made me feel.”_Unknown
19. “You kids were all in college, and I suddenly saw that I was stuck alone with a man who, all those years later, was still wanting me to be someone I wasn’t.”_Barbara Delinsky
20. “Suddenly she felt guilty for not working harder to forgive him and repair the damage, but he hadn’t either. They had been two lost people, treading water for seven years, after the ship went down.”_Danielle Steel
True Quotes On Marriage
21. “Stop saying that Marriage is just a piece of paper, so is money but you still get up every day and work hard on it. Work hard for your marriage as well.”_Unknown
22. “Couples who make it aren’t the ones who never had a reason to get divorced. They are simply the ones who decide that their commitment to each other is always more important than their differences and flaws.”_Unknown.
23. “A strong marriage requires loving your spouse even in those moments when they are not lovable. It means believing in them when they are struggling to believe in themselves.”_Dave Willis.
24. “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great marriages are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find out a way to make it work.”_Unknown.
25. “The key to a great marriage is to keep the fights clean, and the sex Dirty.”_Unknown.
26. “Marriage is not a noun. It’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.”_Unknown
27. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”_Marilyn Monroe.
28. “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.”_Maggie Reyes.
29. “It is not about having the perfect marriage. It is about finding someone who matches you and will go through everything without giving up.”_Unknown.
30. “Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it is only on paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to make it last.”_Unknown.
Best Marriage Quotes
31. “Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred.”_William O. Douglas.
32. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.”_Pearl Buck
33. “The marriage state, with and without the affection suitable to it, is the completest image of Heaven and Hell we are capable of receiving in this life.”_Richard Steele
34. “The fear of making permanent commitments can change the mutual love of husband and wife into two loves of self-two loves existing side by side until they end in separation.”_Pope John Paul II
35. “I come from divorce. I’m only doing marriage once. It’s not a game for me.”_Shia Labeouf
36. “One who marries for love alone will have bad days but good nights.”_Egyptian saying
37. “Always give your spouse the very best of yourself, no matter what left after you have given your best to everyone else.”_Dave Willis
38. “When a woman marries she takes her mother along.”_Akan Wisdom
39. “Marriage is another trap. If you are someone who likes independence, it’s another stamp against that. And you have to swear to fidelity.”_Carla Bruni
40. “They say marriages are made in heaven. But so is thunder and lightning”_Clint Eastwood
Marriage Quotes For A Husband
41. “I’m Proud of my husband, my love for him is endless.”_Unknown.
42. “My name sounds cutter with your last name added to it.”_Unknown
43. “To be the best at something you have to be better than everyone else, and I know there’s no husband that would be better to me than you.”_Unknown
44. “Even if you weren’t so wonderful, I fear I’d still love you just as much.”_Unknown
45. “God knew what he was doing whenhe put you on my path. Your love is a blessing to my ife.”_Unknown.
46. “Your arms are my favorite place to be.”_Unknown.
47. “Every single day that I spend being your wife, I realize how lucky I am to live such an amazing life.”_Unknown
48. “M Husband is one of my greatest decisions in life, if I could have anyone in the world it would still be him.”_Unknown
49. “As time goes on you are given responsibility and other things to deal with. You become a husband, a father and there is another shirt of stuff.”_Mike Ness
50. “Husbands are the best people to share your secrets with. They’ll never tell anyone because they aren’t even listening.”_Unknown.
Quotes for a Wife
51. “He who finds a wife, finds a good thing.”_Bible.
52. “I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell her to tell me to do.”_Unknown
53. “I am not spoiled, my husband just loves me.”_Unknown
54. “A man’s success is measured by what his wife and children say about him. Money and accomplishment mean nothing if you let your home fail.”_Tony Gaskins.
55. “Don’t allow family members to trample over your wife. Remember, she gave up everything to be with you. Shes not an unpaid housekeeper to be used at their whim and fancy. Be fearful of her supplication to the almighty. He is watching and will surely come to her rescue eventually.”_Mufti Ismail Menk.
56. “If I ever did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.”_Unknown
57. “My beautiful wife, you are my life, my inspiration, my strength, and my soulmate. I love you so much.”_Unknown
58. “If I could give my wife one thing in life, it would be the ability to see herself through my eye, because only then will she realize how loved she really is.”_Unknown
59. “I am blessed to have you by my side and I could never imagine having anyone else in my life. I need you with me, always and forever.”_Unknown
60. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.”_Winston Churchill
Quotes For New Marriages.
61. “You make happier than I ever thought I could be, and if you let me. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.”_Unknown
62. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”_Socrates
63. “Compromise, communicate, and never go to bed angry – the three pieces of advice gifted and regifted to all newlyweds.”_Unknown
64. “Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation.”_Samuel Richardson
65. “The beauty of marriage is not always seen from the very beginning, but rather as love grows and develops over time.”_Fawn Weaver
66. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”_Fawn Weaver.
67. “A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together, it comes when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”_Unknown.
68. “Don’t just be physically monogamous, be mentally monogamous as well. True intimacy begins in the heart and the mind, not in the bedroom.”_Dave Willis
69. “I love. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible. But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.”_Unknown
70. “There is no feeling in the world like knowing you have a partner to face whatever life throws at you.”_Unknown
Struggling Marriage Quotes
71. “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale, it is a choice.”_Fawn Weaver.
72. “We simply can’t abandon the ship every time we encounter a storm in our marriage. Real love is about weathering the storms of life together.”_Seth Adams Smith.
73. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.”_ Pearl Buck
74. “Maybe you expected marriage to be perfect. I guess that’s where you and I differ. See, I thought it would be all about making mistakes, but doing it with someone who is there to remind you what you learned along the way.”_Jodi Picoult
75. “Do not worry when I fight with you. Worry when I stop because it means there is nothing left for us to fight for.”_Unknown
76. “All marriages have dark periods, even the great ones. So do not give up when yours is in the valley.”_Wichele Weiner.
77. “Two people can only live as one when each is prepared to give and receive trust and understanding. Above that lies respect. Without respect for how the other feels, no marriage is worthwhile.“_Helen Hollick
78. “Husbands and wives can disagree on many things but they must absolutely agree on this, To never ever give up on each other.”_Unknown.
79. “Some people who think they are in unhappy marriages are just in unhappy bodies.”_Anne Roiphe
80. “You cant have marriages without fights but you can make marriages worth the fight.”_Unknown
Inspiriring Marriage Quotes.
81. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, You want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible.”_When Harry Met Sally.
82. “The difference between an ordinary marriage an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.”_Fawn Weaver
83. “It always gets worse before it gets better. But it will eventually get better. Like everything else and like our past struggles, at some point, we win but before that win, there is always that loss that spurs us on.”_Dolores Huerta
84. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life, to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last partying?”_George Eliot
85. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.“_Stephen Kendrick
86. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times – always with the same person.“_Mignon McLaughlin
87. “Each recognized the fact that real commitment could be proven only through the passage of time.”_Nicholas Sparks
88. “In a successful marriage, there is nothing such as one’s way. There is only the way of both, only the bumpy, dusty, difficult but always mutual path.”_Phyllis Mc Ginley
89. “Never lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who is not afraid of losing you.”_Unknown
90. “A good marriage is where both people feel like they’re getting the better end of the deal.”_Anne Lamott
Marriage anniversary Quotes.
91. “Thanks for being my handyman even when nothing between us ever feels broken.”_Unknown
92. “As lovely as you looked in your wedding dress, you in yoga pants makes my heart skip a beat.”_Unknown
93. “Only two good and pure hearts can form such a heavenly union. May the love you share continue to grow in your heart as your marriage continue to grow in days and years!”_Unknown
94. “Thank you for proving that marriage is a blessing and making me want to believe in fairy tales in real life. May Lord always bless you two. Happy anniversary.”_Unknown
95. “Without your love and sacrifice, there could never be a home and a family of my own. You make me fall in love with you every single day. Happy anniversary.”_Unknown
96. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” _Winnie the Pooh
97. “Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music, and dancing…she goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.”_Henry Youngman
98. “And all along I believed I would find you, Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years, I’ll love you for a thousand more.”_Christina Perri
99. “The Sound of the sea and the echo of your love share a few characteristics in common: they are both constant and eternal. Happy Anniversary”_Unknown
100. “I simply wanted to express my delight at the prospect of another year of love and happiness ahead of us. With each passing day, may our love blossom and flourish even more. Happy Anniversary, my love.”_Unknown
Beautiful Marriage Quotes.
101. “Being married or committed to one person is a beautiful thing. Don’t let these folks tell you a lie. Ain’t nothing better than having a soulmate, best friend, lover, and protector.”_Unknown
102. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something, but to be loved by the person you love is everything.”_Unknown
103. “Marriage is a gift from God to us. The quality of our marriage is our gift to him.”_Unknown
104. “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and the other never forgets them.”_Unknown
105. “Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.”_Unknown
106. “A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building that love until the end.”_Unknown
107. “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke, and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.”_Jerry Seinfeld
108. “When asked his secret of love, being married fifty-four years to the same person, he said, ‘Ruth and I are happily incompatible.”_Billy Graham.
109. “When we got married, I told my wife ‘If you leave me, I’m going with you.’ And she never did.“_James Fineous McBride
110. “Love is growing together but staying young at heart.”_Unknown
Funny Marriage Quotes.
111. “Being married is having a best friend who doesn’t remember anything you say.”_Unknown
112. “The relationship between husband and wife is psychological. one is psycho, the other is logical. Now please do not try to figure out who is who.”_Unknown
113. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife._Unknown
114. “The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open”_Unknown
115. “I married for love but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored.”
116. “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.“_Rita Rudner
117. “Husbands and wives are irritating. But without them, who would we blame for misplacing our socks?”_Janet Periat
118. “Marriage is like a walk in the park… Jurassic Park.”_Anonymous
119. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.”_Anne Bancroft
120. “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.”_Jerry Seinfeld
I hope you enjoyed reading these Marriage Quotes